Roofing replacement may be stressful. Finding numbers and prices online seems impossible. So, it may be unavoidable to have somebody coming to your home only to give you an estimate. Indeed, many roofing companies do not list prices on their websites.
At Sugar Land Premier Roofing, we aim to help homeowners understand how much their project will cost even before the first inspection. Thus, this post will tell you how much does an asphalt shingle roof cost in Sugar Land Texas.
Besides, we help our Sugar Land family comprehend the labor and material expenses of their roofing jobs.
The Cost of a Roof Replacement in Sugar Land Texas
Sugar Land’s typical asphalt shingle roof cost depends on three factors:
- Roofing material
- The area of the roof to replace.
- Project complexity
Sugar Land has four types of asphalt shingles:
- Three-tab shingles
- Architecture shingles
- Upgrades architectural shingles
- Designer shingles
Without knowing all the aspects that affect pricing, we can only offer you the average cost of a typical home. We will take one of the most popular roof materials as a reference.
To discover the precise cost of your roof, a local contractor must measure it. So, schedule your inspection if you are ready to move forward.
Let’s learn the typical cost, benefits, and downsides of 4 asphalt shingle alternatives.
3-Tab Shingle Roof Cost
3-Tab asphalt shingles are the most affordable shingles on the market. Usually, they are put on new construction homes and smaller investment properties.
- They look like slate shingles
- Usually, they last 12-15 years.
- In a strong wind, 3-tab shingles are more likely to blow off the roof.
3-Tab asphalt shingles roofs’ cost:
- Single-story residence: A 3-tab shingle roof on a 2-sided residence without chimneys or skylights costs $7,300.
- 2-story residence: A 2-story, more complicated 3-tab shingle roof costs $8,950 on average.
- Complex 3-tab roof: A sophisticated 3-tab shingle roof with valleys and gables costs $10,600.
Architectural Shingle Roof Cost
Architectural shingles are heavier than 3-tab shingles and have a superior wind rating. Sometimes, they are called laminated or dimensional shingles because the manufacturer laminates shingle sections to produce them. They resemble wood shake shingles and are the most popular asphalt shingle.
- These shingles enhance curb attractiveness.
- Properly ventilated architectural roofs endure 17 to 22 years.
- With proper installation and manufacturing quality, they can withstand 130 mph winds.
Architectural shingles roofs’ cost:
- Simple architectural shingle roof: A 2-story home without chimneys or skylights costs $11,200.
- Architectural shingles with few valleys: A roof with a dormer, numerous facades, and valleys costs $14,150.
- Complex architectural shingle roof: A sophisticated architectural shingle roof with hips and valleys costs $17,100.
The Cost of an Upgraded Architectural Shingle Roof
Upgraded asphalt shingles are as inexpensive as 3-tab and architectural shingles. The difference is in the beautiful curb appeal these provide. Besides, upgraded architectural shingles are substantially heavier than their normal counterparts.
- The thickness of these shingles adds curb appeal and value to your property.
- These asphalt-based shingles endure 25 to 30 years.
- Heavy products are less likely to blow away in a windstorm. Depending on the manufacturer, these shingles might weigh 100 lb. per square foot more than conventional ones.
Upgraded architectural shingles roof’s cost:
- Simple upgraded architectural shingle roof: An upgraded architectural shingle roof with 2 straight sides, no chimneys, or skylights costs $13,100.
- Slightly complex architectural shingle roof: A complicated roof with a skylight, hips, and valleys costs $16,050.
- Complex architectural shingle roof: A 2 or 3-story home with dormers, walls, and valleys costs $19,000.
Designer Asphalt Shingle Roofing Cost
Designer asphalt shingles are also called luxury shingles. They are made to look like authentic slate or wood shake shingles and are the thickest asphalt shingles.
- Their unique designs provide aesthetic value and curb appeal.
- Their lifespan varies from 30 to 40 years.
- With appropriate installation, these shingles provide unrivaled wind and storm protection.
Designer shingles roofs’ cost:
- Simple designer asphalt shingle roof: It costs $18,300 on a home without chimneys or skylights.
- Designer mid: A sophisticated 2-story or split-level home with valleys, a chimney, and a skylight costs $23,700.
- Large house: A sophisticated 2-story or split-level home with a chimney, dormers, and valleys costs $29,100.
Should I Invest in an Asphalt Shingle Roof for my Sugar Land Home?
Yes, certainly, you should do it. Sugar Land Premier Roofing can replace or repair a damaged asphalt shingle roof.
Texas is our home state. Thousands of clients are happy thanks to our services and support. Our roofs endure the toughest weather.
Besides, we have residential and commercial roofing solutions.