Have you caught yourself thinking “should I do a coating on my commercial roof?” Sugar Land Premier Roofing can help you out! Giving proper maintenance to buildings is a common concern among business owners.
Here, we will walk you through the commercial roof coatings available and their pros and cons. So you can choose the most convenient for your building.
Types of Commercial Roof Coatings
Roof coatings are a cost-effective option to restore a commercial roof. Typically, they are made of acrylic, asphalt, polyurethane, and silicone.
- Acrylic: These water-based coatings are best for reflecting roofs in high-UV situations. Acrylic roofs are often white, grey, or brown. Some variants work with substrates.
- Asphalt: You can find two types: solvent-based “cutbacks” and emulsions. They are aluminized or black and can withstand cold and rain. Aluminum coatings are reflective and UV-stable.
- Polyurethane: Usually, they are solvent-based and come in two versions: aliphatic, which is UV stable, and aromatic, which is less UV stable. Urethanes are durable and abrasion-resistant. They are suitable for hail-prone or heavily trafficked roofs.
- Silicone: Like acrylic coatings, silicone coatings work well in harsh UV locations. It is also effective in places with daily rain where roofs are often humid.
Besides, manufacturers can also create roof coatings with the following resins or combinations:
- Butyl resins
- Silyl polyester
Roof Coatings Pros
As said, roof coatings lengthen your roof’s lifespan, reducing maintenance and expenses. This coating protects the roof from water, UV radiation, and heat.
Additional benefits of roof coatings are:
Increasing your roof’s lifespan reduces waste, which benefits the environment. Modern roof coatings contain no harmful chemicals, so they don’t affect the environment. Roof coating manufacture and installation are safe for the environment. Likewise, your roof coating can help reduce the temperature of your roof, minimizing the heat effect on your community.
An excellent roof coating helps the environment and your wallet. A superb roof equals a more astonishing building, reducing summer utility expenses.
With the correct coating, your roof building’s interior can be 10 degrees cooler.
Roof damage prevention
Roof sealing prevents costly damage. Before coating, solve minor issues like little leaks.
If your roof has minimal damage, please consider fixing and coating it. This option is cheaper and lasts as long as a roof replacement. Changing a roof requires removing the old one, obtaining new materials, and paying for labor. Instead, coating a roof is a more inexpensive and sustainable solution to repair and prevent more damage.
Don’t worry about the adhesion of the roof coating. Roof coatings are compatible with:
- Galvalume metal
However, using a sealing solution on a shingle roof may void the warranty.
Coating your roof won’t interrupt your company’s activities. Unlike a roof replacement, a roof coating lets you keep your business working. Besides, roof sealant application is a noiseless and odorless process.
Once the roof coating is sprayed, even the most significant storms won’t cause leaks. The coating fuses with the roof, forming a watertight seal. No seams or weak places will leak.
You may refresh your roof coating every ten years, so you don’t have to replace the roof. This renewed coat will enhance its reflectivity properties and waterproofness.
A roof coating improves performance and appearance. With a proper coat, you can keep your roof’s lovely color.
The coating will make your commercial roof seem new, even with a conservative hue. A new-looking roof will attract people to your company.
Roof Coating Cons
Sometimes, there may be better options than a roof coating for your commercial roof. Before coating your roof, consider the following:
- Coatings don’t solve structural concerns. If your business roof has structural flaws, you must fix them or replace the roof to avoid harming the occupants below.
- Before coating your roof, you must clean and remove loose objects to guarantee optimum adhesion.
- Weather-sensitive: Roof coatings require many dry, bright, warm days. This implies that you only can apply roof coatings in some regions of the country during specific times of the year.
Sugar Land Premier Roofing’s Commercial Roof Coatings
We offer a great support system to make your experience with us suitable. Our staff ensures everything runs well, from sales managers to logistics coordinators to insurance claims specialists and admins. If you would like more information, you can contact Sugar Land Premier Roofing at 832-621-4770. We service areas in Houston, Katy, and Pearland, TX.